Interview Reflection

  • How do you feel the interview went overall? 
    • I felt comfortable during the interview and I portrayed myself in the way that I intended to. I did not miss out on anything I wanted to say, so I am happy with the way that the interview went. 
  • How did you prepare for the interview?
    • I went over possible questions with some classmates and rehearsed answers. I also thought back to previous interviews and played through scenarios in my head. 
  • What went differently than you expected?
    • Some of the answers that I came up with were not necessarily what I thought I would say. I spoke on a personal level when asked about how i'd grown throughout OT school and I think it made the interview on more of a conversation level. 
  • What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?
    • I think that I could talk myself up a little bit more, which is not always easy. I could play on my strengths and use more personal stories and experiences to make myself a more competitive candidate. 
  • What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?
    • I received feedback from my interviewer on making stronger eye contact and being sure to use personal anecdotes to relate more. I definitely expect more conversation from a future interviewer while discussing a position at a site. Overall, this experience was helpful just to get out some of the pre-interview jitters and build confidence in myself. 

Comments